Heading to the West Coast and looking for the 5 best running trails in San Francisco? The city has many parks with a wide range of trails for hiking, walking, jogging and running. Some trails fit the bill for beginners while others are suitable for intermediate to advanced.
- Glen Canyon Park is one of the best running trails in San Francisco as it features over 100 acres. It is historic–debuting in the mid 1800's. The park offers paved running trails and dirt running trails. It is suitable for beginners to advanced runners. Glen Canyon Park: 70 Elk St., San Francisco, CA 94131.
- John McLaren Park. The park truly does contain some of the best running trails in San Francisco. The park offers 317 acres of open space with plenty of trees for a scenic run. The park features several multi-purpose trails that suit beginners, intermediate and advanced runners alike. John McLaren Park: Mansell St and John F Shelley Dr., San Francisco, CA 94134.
- Land's End Trail. This trail is not for the faint hearted, but for those that enjoy a challenge this is one of the best running trails the city offers. The terrain is on the coast and extremely rocky in some areas. Winding trails with hills create the perfect workout for the advanced runner. Land's End Trail: Golden Gate National Recreation Area, El Camino del Mar & 32nd Ave., San Francisco, CA 94101.
- Lake Merced. While the park is a golf course, there is a four-mile multi-purpose track away from the putting greens. Trees surround the course and trail, creating one of the best running trails in San Francisco. The course is suitable for beginners to advanced runners. Lake Merced: 1 Harding Rd., San Francisco, CA 94132.
- San Francisco Bay Trail. At the top of the list of the best running trails in San Francisco is the Bay Trail. The trail is 500 miles of shoreline trail that wraps around the Bay. A unique experience and one the entire family is able to partake in because the trail suits all levels of runners. The scenery helps keep your mind focused and fresh. San Francisco Bay Trail: San Mateo to Foster City, San Mateo, CA 94401.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.