If you're traveling down south, try these 5 best RV camp sites in Florida. Florida is well-known for its sunshine, beaches and outdoor activities. Camping is one of the nicest things to do, but you need to know where to go. There are numerous RV camp sites in the state. Some have better amenities than others and where you camp is just as important. Here is your guide to the best RV camp sites in Florida.
- Camping on the Gulf in Destin: This RV camp site in Destin is right on the beach. Families, groups and couples are more than welcome to camp out. Amenities include nearby restaurants and shopping, fishing and golfing areas. There are nineteen fully equipped cabins and 200 beach sites to stay in. Couples will enjoy the resort's hot tubs and heated pool.
- CampVenice Retreat: This site offers water front camping. It has many amenities such as running water and electric and heated pools. There are nearby restaurants and shopping areas as well. If you prefer to stay indoors instead of going out, then rent a cabin. The cabins have all the comforts of home. You can also fish or canoe on the Myakka River.
- Lion Country Safari in West Palm Beach: West Palm Beach is a great place for RV camping. This camp site in Florida features a fantastic theme park just seconds away. You experience the feeling of being in Africa without ever leaving Florida. Campers have the choice of cabin rentals, RV parking and tent sites. You can tour the safari while you're there. This resort is also in a good location to visit nearby restaurants, shops and beaches.
- Sugarloaf Key Camping: Sugarloaf is one of Florida's largest camp sites. They have a great number of tent sites to make your camp. Since it's located in the Florida Keys, you'll have plenty of things to do. You can kayak, canoe or go boating. There's even a great pub on site for drinking and grabbing a quick bite.
- Craig's RV Park and Resort in Arcadia: This resort has terrific music on Friday and Saturday nights. There are billiards, bocce ball and other outdoor activities available. You're also a few hours away from Orlando's and Tampa's theme parks. Besides the great RV camp, you can experience the local attractions of fishing, canoeing and championship rodeo.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.