Sometimes love brings tears instead of joy, and the 5 best sad romantic songs are all about those times. Whether it's lost love, unrequited love or love that just can't be, there's a sad romantic song about whatever sad times you're going through.
- "The Scientist" by Coldplay – This beautiful sad romantic song comes from the point of view of a man who knows the relationship is falling apart, and just wishes they could "go back to the start" to get another chance.
- "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word" by Elton John – In this romantic song, the singer knows he's done a terrible wrong to his loved one. He wants to apologize, but she won't listen to him at all. He wonders, "What have I got to do to be heard?"
- "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins – This beautiful sad romantic song is about a man who feels helpless after being left by his lover. He watched her leave without saying a word, and now knows the chances are slim of her ever returning. He lives with the regret of not trying to stop her.
- "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor – Perhaps the saddest romantic song ever, the video for this song was stunning, showing a close up of O'Connors face as she sang. At the end, one lonely tear falls down her cheek.
- "Unbreak My Heart" by Toni Braxton – Sung by someone who simply can't go on with the broken heart she's feeling after her lover has told her goodbye forever. She says "Undo this hurt you caused when you walked out the door."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.