Slow dance songs can cover a lot of emotions, but these five best sad slow dance songs mostly cover the loss of love. These sad songs are probably not the best choice if you're dancing with someone on a first date, she might think you still have some unresolved issues with your ex. But if you're breaking up, and are having one last dance for the road, these sad slow dance songs are a perfect choice.
- "Nobody Knows" by Tony Rich Project: This sad slow dance song is about a guy who is full of regret, whose heart is breaking for the girl he lost. He knows he messed up but feels like he has to hide it all inside and not let anyone else know that he was the one that was wrong. It's got a nice slow jam rhythm for dancing. Lyric: The pain is real even if nobody knows, and I'm crying inside, and nobody knows it but me.
- "I Will Remember You" by Sara McLachlan: Another sad slow dance song about losing love, this time the singer doesn't seem sure exactly how she and her loved one fell apart, but hopes that the times they shared will be remembered fondly.
- "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston: One of the most famous sad slow dance songs of all time, this was the theme song from the movie The Bodyguard. The singer speaks of love that can never be: So, goodbye. Please, don't cry. We both know I'm not what you need.
- "I Honestly Love You" by Olivia Newton John: This sad slow dance song from the 1970s talks about the pain felt by two people who are in relationships with other people, so know that can't ever be together. Lyrics: There you are with yours, and here I am with mine, So I guess we'll just be leaving it at this.
- "End of the Road" by Boyz II Men: The classic broken hearted, sad slow dance song, where the singer has been left by the girl he still loves. This song is popular for prom dances, near the end of the school year. Lyrics: Although we’ve come to the end of the road, Still I can’t let you go.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.