When keeping the 5 best Sauvignon Blanc food pairings in mind, it is easy to put together a palate pleasing meal that will compliment the versatile wine's flavor profile. The style of Sauvignon Blanc ranges from light and fairly dry to robust and sweet. Tasting and experimenting with the wine is a good way to become familiar with its subtle nuances.
Mussels and Garlic Toast
- 4 slices of thick white bread
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves – 1 whole, 2 thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 lbs. of mussels, scrubbed
- 2 cups of Sauvignon Blanc
- 5 tbsp. of butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Turn on the broiler. Brush the bread lightly with olive oil.
- Broil until lightly brown. Rub the toast with the whole clove of garlic.
- In a large pot heat the remaining olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mussels and cook for one minute. Add the wine and steam for five minutes until the mussels open.
- Transfer opened mussels to four bowls.
- Add parsley and butter to broth. Stir.
- Pour the broth over the mussels. Serve with garlic toast.
- 2 cups of balsamic vinegar
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- Combine garlic and vinegar and heat over medium heat. Bring to boil and reduce for eight minutes, or until mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Stir in rosemary and juice.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Sear chicken skin side down.
- Remove chicken from skillet and pour off fat. Transfer chicken back into skillet skin side up.
- Transfer skillet to a 450 degree oven and roast for 10 – 15 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
- Take skillet out of oven and turn on broiler. Brush chicken with balsamic mixture.
- Place under broiler. Broil until glaze is bubbly. Serve.
- 1/2 cup of peanut oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. of worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. of dry mustard
- 2 tbsp. of parsley, chopped
- 2 (1 lb.) pork tenderloins
- Combine all ingredients except tenderloins in a shallow container. Add tenderloins and turn to coat them.
- Cover container. Chill for at least four hours.
- Remove tenderloins. Grill around 15 minutes, or until done.
Feta Cheese Ball
- 28 oz. of cream cheese
- 8 oz. of feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. of fresh dill, chopped
- Blend cream cheese, feta, garlic, and dill.
- Form into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
Bitter Greens and Orange Salad
- 4 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. of shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (5 oz.) bags of mixed greens
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of radishes, sliced
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into half-circles
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss together remaining ingredients. Add dressing mixture.
- Toss again. Serve.
Beyond the label, Wines That Rock capture something about the album or band they reference, giving you a full-spectrum t ...
As men, we tend to favor beer with our ribs, burgers, chicken, sausages and pretty much anything else that comes off the ...
Sourced from Australian grapes and bearing names like "Thunderstruck Chardonnay" the AC/DC wine collection is a must-tas ...