Fans of the great actress will likely know these 5 best Scarlett Johansson movies. Her best movies fall throughout the time period of her long career. Scarlett began her career as a child actress, but she was never really known as a child star. Perhaps that is one of the things that let her shine so much as a young woman whose star rose slowly as she took on deeper and more challenging roles.
- "Manny and Lo" Scarlett Johansson showed her star power in "Manny and Lo." She played the role of Amanda, one of two young sisters who run away and kidnap a woman to help the oldest sister with her accidental pregnancy. You can see the talent and potential in the very young Scarlett in her strong portrayal of Amanda. It's a quirky, offbeat film and the acting carries the strange story along.
- "Ghost World" With a tagline of "Accentuate the negative," don't expect too much with "Ghost World." Scarlett Johansson played Rebecca and Thora Birch played Enid. Rebecca and Enid are two teenage outcasts who target a middle-aged outcast for their ill-spirited prank.
- "A Good Woman" Scarlett Johansson played Lady Windermere in "A Good Woman." The movie is a faithful adaptation of the famous play by Oscar Wilde. Helen Hunt starred as Mrs. Erlynne. Overall, the movie manages to maintain the undefined, offbeat comedy that lies within all of Wilde's plays.
- "The Nanny Diaries" "The Nanny Diaries" is both a stark and comedic look at what life is truly like for nannies on the Upper West Side of New York City. Scarlett Johansson carried this movie with ease. The movie was based on the best-selling book of the same name and it's based on, yes, a true story.
- "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" Woody Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" captured a lot of attention upon its 2008 release. Scarlett Johansson played Cristina in this movie, which followed the story of a love triangle gone awry. It's not the typical story on the topic and there are no "bad guys" at fault. This movie is about finding your way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …