The 5 best science fiction animated movies are movies that make you glad you are attracted to both animated films as well as movies that have a science fiction edge to them. These are movies that adults and children alike can enjoy; in fact, with really good science fiction animated movies, it is a good bet that the core audience is made up of more adults than kiddies.
- "Titan A.E." Titan A.E. takes the number one spot on this list of science fiction animated movies because it features animation by famed, former Disney animators Don Bluth and Gary Goldman. Though people have written off this movie, it still remains a very cool, effective science fiction offering because of its theme of intergalactic conflict and the peril of the Earth.
- "The Iron Giant." From 1999, The Iron Giant is a masterpiece of 2-D animation which features Vin Diesel as the voice of the Iron Giant. This film takes place at the height of the Cold War when anti-Communism and fears from attacks from space were a big fear in America. This movie does a great job capturing that feeling of tension.
- "Atlantis: The Lost Empire." A Disney, hand-drawn film from 2001, this science fiction animated movie marks the very first time in the Walt Disney Company's history that science fiction entered their animated movies collection. Though underperforming at the box office, "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is still entertaining as its plot revolves around the search for the mythical city of Atlantis.
- "WALL-E." Coming in at only number four due to its excessively heavy, pro-environmentalist message (the movie is about a robot who tries to clean up a future Earth that is covered in garbage, after all!), WALL-E still is a decent movie on account of it being from Pixar. This film is notable, however, for many of its characters not communicating with voices, but, instead, body language and robotic sounds.
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." At number five sits this entry from the Star Wars franchise because it is a valiant effort to showcase some of the Star Wars mythos in CGI. This movie served as the forerunner of the TV series now currently airing on Cartoon Network and tells the story of the battle between the Separatists and the Republic Forces.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.