Shannyn Sossamon is a highly versatile actress and the 5 Best Shannyn Sossamon movies prove once and for all that a career in Hollywood does not have to be built on leading roles. Sometimes it’s the supporting work that not only stands out in a movie, but makes an entire film. Her best movies highlight her professionalism, beauty, and lack of ego. Though she may not be a household name, Shannyn Sossamon has never had a shortage of work since moving to this town.
- "A Knight’s Tale": This fantasy adventure film had equal parts of romance and action, and Sossamon’s unique beauty was an integral part of the film’s success. She also shared a electric chemistry with Heath Ledger, and exhibited a broad emotional range as an actress in her role as a “different” type of princess. This movie is also hysterically funny, with many of the film’s most quotable lines being delivered by the sometimes naked gambling addict played by Paul Bettany.
- "40 Days and 40 Nights": The somewhat unexpected success of “A Knight’s Tale” marked Shannyn Sossamon as an actress to watch, and her talent became even more apparent when she landed the role of Josh Hartnett’s love interest in this raunchy comedy. Even after being wooed by our heartthrob, Sossamon took us on a roller coaster of emotions after realizing she could not have the object of her desires for over a month. Her performance was touching and raw after feeling betrayed by Hartnett's character not once but twice throughout the course of the picture.
- “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”: Though Sossamon’s role was small, “Pink Hair Girl,” the comedy/mystery/thriller, staring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer was as hysterical as it was heart-pounding, and it picked up numerous awards and nominations.
- "The Holiday": Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz were comic gold in this upbeat winter comedy, and Shannyn Sossamon was great as the actress and heartbreaker Maggie. Though another smaller role for the actress, Sossamon proves what actors in this industry have been saying for years. It isn’t the size of the part that matters and we certainly love to hate the harlot that breaks Jack Black’s heart.
- "Undiscovered": Though the movie seemed to be more of an effort to revive Ashlee Simpson’s fledgling career, Shannyn Sossamon once again does what she does best in this actually not so terrible movie about finding fame in the City of Angels. Sossamon plays Josie, a wild child model who is convinced to date the film’s lead character in order to help make him a star. Sossamon is sexy and funny, effectively stealing much of the film from the movie’s lead characters. Watch for the scene where she is dumped by aspiring musician, Luke. It is by far the film’s highlight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …