5 Best Shoes For Overpronation
What are the 5 best shoes for overpronation? The best shoes for overpronation have several things in common. If you suffer from moderate or severe overponation, your foot rolls inward to an excessive degree when you walk or run. This can put a lot of stress on your feet, ankles, knees, and even your lower back. If you are a runner, or you do a lot of walking, and you have been suffering from lower back pains, overpronation might be the cause. And the right shoes can help.
- Brooks Beast. Like many motion control shoes, the Brooks Beasts are “built tough.” They are great for those on the heavier side who suffer from severe overpronation. While these are great running shoes, they are also good for walking. If you often experience achy, tired feet, these shoes might help.
- Asics Stability. Stability running shoes are a little different than motion control running shoes. While they provide good cushioning and support, they also tend to be more lightweight and flexible. The Asics Stability Running Shoe is good for mid-weight runners who don’t have severe motion control issues. These might be some of the best shoes for overpronators who have medium arches.
- Asics Gel Foundation. While these shoes are great for those suffering from severe overpronation, they tend to be a little more flexible than typical motion control shoes.
- Nike Stability. These stability running shoes are great for those looking for more control as they run. The shoes are lightweight, provide plenty of shock absorption, and are made with a breathable mesh material.
- Nike Nucleus MC. If you have flat feet, and do a lot of walking, these motion control shoes might be for you. They are lighter than a lot of motion control shoes, and are perfect for those who have to use an orthotic for arch support.
The best shoes for overpronation are either stability shoes or motion control shoes. These shoes provide added stability, support for your arches (since most overpronators have flat or low arches), and extra cushioning to protect your feet from the shock they might experience pounding against the ground as you walk or run. And here are 5 of the best shoes for overpronation.