The 5 best shopping malls in New York are malls that make your shopping experience a distinct pleasure and cause you to come back to them on repeat occasions in the future. These malls are convenient as they have a plethora of great stores from which to choose and feature an awesome shopping experience. So the next time your girlfriend drags you along to a mall in New York, you better hope it is one of these malls.
- Manhattan Mall. Manhattan Mall takes the top spot if only because it is right in the middle of the heart of New York City. On Broadway and right at 33rd Street, the Manhattan Mall features everything from trendy clothing stores like Aeropostale to electronics stalwarts like Radio Shack and even department stores like JC Penney. With events like NY firefighters selling calendars and letting you take your picture with them, there's always something happening at this mall. Find this mall at 100 W. 33rd Street, NYC, NY 10001.
- Queens Center. This big shopping mall in Queens takes the two spot because it's been around for almost 40 years and features the unique combination of a leisurely shopping atmosphere together with an urban retail plaza. With many moderately priced restaurants like Applebee's and other favorites like Kentucky Fried Chicken, the food court here is out of this world, too. 90-15 Queens Boulevard, Elmhurst, NY, 11373.
- Staten Island Mall. The Staten Island Mall deserves the three spot because of its consolidation of major department stores like JC Penney, Macy's and Sears. This mall is also praiseworthy in that it offers services like gift cards, stroller rentals, ATMs, auto jump starts, a Lost and Found, wheelchair rentals for all the handicapped people, and a UPS drop-off location for all your important parcels. The mall is located at 2655 Richmond Avenue, Staten Island, NY, 10314.
- South Street Seaport. South Street Seaport takes the four position due to its role as both a cultural marketplace as well as the gateway to the harbor. You can use many ways of transportation to get here from the subway, the PATH train, or even by bus. South Street Seaport features a huge selection of stores like the self-professed, trendy Abercrombie & Fitch to specialty retailers like the Sunglass Hut. The mall can be found at Fulton & South Streets, Pier 17, New York, NY, 10038.
- King's Plaza Shopping Center. King's Plaza Shopping Center will provide for you a very expansive shopping experience since they have 150 stores that are just itching for your business. This shopping center has 4000 parking spaces for your use, but you have to pay a $3 flat fee just to park here! You can find this mall in Brooklyn, and there is also a movie theater on the site. Its physical address is 5100 Kings Plaza, Flatbush Avenue & Avenue U, Brooklyn, NY, 11234.