5 Best Ski Resorts In Austria
Whether you're planning a vacation in the winter months or hoping for some action in the summer, here are 5 best ski resorts in Austria. Austria is a country in Europe. The country is a hot destination for art, dining and of course, the skiing. A good number of people love to tackle the Alps and ski all year round. When you want to ski on the best slopes or just take your girl to a fantastic place, consider skiing in Austria.
- St. Anton: St. Anton is a ski resort in Tyrol, Austria. This beautiful place is just one of many resorts in Tyrol. St. Anton is a skier's dream come true. It's one of the top ski resorts in Austria and has a long history as being the place to go for skiing. Once you arrive, there are plenty of ski runs and lifts to get you going. Along with fantastic cuisine and amazing vertical drops, you'll find this resort to be topnotch.
- Lech: Lech is a major magnet for those with money. If you have money and want to spend it well, consider this ski resort in Austria. However, this resort does have affordable hotels and guest homes perfect for those without millions to spend. Lech has plenty of amenities that cater to families and couples.
- Ischgl: This resort is known for its hot nightlife. Although skiing is great, the amenities are really the main attractions for the people. This small resort has great accommodations and dining. You'll find concerts during the summer months and top skiing opportunities during the winter.
- Obergurgl: Obergurgl has quickly become a ski resort worth traveling to. The altitude is higher, giving it top advantages over other Austrian resorts. Skiing is better and the accommodations are exceptional. There are also excellent views of the glaciers between the resort and Italy. If you can't ski, then check out the schools near the hotels and guest homes. They have a good reputation for teaching you the skills you need.
- Innsbruck: Innsbruck is a top ski resort city. It's one of the first places visitors come to when they arrive in Austria. During the winter, skiing is excellent. You won't see too many people indoors unless there's a severe snow storm. They travel out to the villages where skiing is best. Summer brings shopping, dining and sightseeing.