The five best ski resorts for beginners are those that have simple downhill trails, on-site ski instructors and lessons, and plenty of snow during ski season. There are several areas of the world that offer world-class skiing and snowboarding, but not all accommodate people just learning how to ski. In North America, there are a few popular ski resorts where beginning skiers can find everything they need including all necessary skiing gear, clothing, instruction and even lodging after a long day on the slopes.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort. One of the best ski resorts for beginners is Breckenridge in Colorado. Their ski resort features a training area called Peak Nine that is perfect for the beginning skier. The slopes are full of smooth, dry snow which is essential for novice skiers learning how to turn and stop. One-on-one ski lessons are available with one of Breckenridge's 600 personal but professional instructors, in addition to group lessons. Breckenridge Ski Resort, 1599 Ski Hill Rd., Breckenridge, CO 80424, 970-453-5000.
- Buttermilk Canada. Part of the popular Aspen ski resort network, Buttermilk ski resort in Ontario Canada features over 40 ski runs and slopes for the beginning skier. Buttermilk has been ranked second overall ski destination for families by "Ski Magazine". As one of the best ski resorts for beginners, Buttermilk offers smaller ski classes so one of their 200 on-site instructors can have ample time to work with each ski student individually. Buttermilk Mountain Resort, 44 Robertson Lake Rd., Goulais River, Ontario, Quebec, Canada, P0S 1E0, 705-649-3124.
- Copper Mountain. Another favorite in Colorado, Copper Mountain not only offers private and group skiing lessons to beginners, but also low-price vacation packages for skiing, accommodations, restaurants and more. Copper Mountain Resort is located near Vail, Colorado and has spectacular snowy slopes for skiing novice's to learn on. Perks of learning how to ski at Copper Mountain include working with a hand-picked professional instructor, lift line priority so you'll be one of the first to get up the mountain, plus all gear and equipment needed is available through the resort. Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle, Copper Mountain, CO 80443, 866-841-2481.
- Mount Snow Vermont. Each year the state of Vermont receives an abundant amount of snowfall and makes for a superb place to ski or snowboard. If you're a novice skier, Mount Snow Vermont is one of the best ski resorts for you. Get paired with one of their skilled instructors and work one-on-one learning how to ski or snowboard or both. This big mountain ski resort features four mountain slopes and lots of dry powder for the optimum beginner skiing experience. Mount Snow Resort, 39 Mount Snow Road, West Dover, Vermont 05356, 800-889-4411.
- Northstar-at-Tahoe. When most people think of California, they think of sun, beaches and surf. However, northern areas of California like Lake Tahoe actually offer some of the best skiing in the country. One of those locations is the Northstar-at-Tahoe resort where novice skiers will find excellent terrain for learning how to ski. The best perk Northstar offers to its beginning skier the Magic Carpet conveyor lift, similar to an airport conveyor belt. It can be used in place of the mountain's ski lift, and you'll make it up the mountain just as fast as the lift would've taken you, but without panic if you fear heights. Beginner skiing lessons offered by the resorts knowledgeable instructors include group lesson packages, semi-private (small groups of 2 to 4 people) and private lessons. Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort, 100 Northstar Drive Truckee, CA 96161, 800-466-6784.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …