Colorado is one of the most popular winter destinations so it's no wonder this state would have five of the best ski resorts. Winter enthusiasts in addition to the rich and famous flock to the five best ski resorts in Colorado yearly as vacationers can score phenomenal all-inclusive deals, tons of fresh dry powder on the slopes and a variety of events, activities, restaurants and nightlife.
- Vail, Colorado. When most people think of skiing in Colorado, Vail is one of the first locations that comes to mind. Vail Mountain is an enormous winter hub for skiers, snow boarders, sledding, snowshoeing and anyone who is seeking the best of the best in resort form. Enjoy seven miles of sloping fun on both sides of the mountain. The resort itself is over 5,000 acres. It's not only a favored family resort, but a singles resort too. Vail Mountain also offers skiing lessons at their ski school for both adults and children. Vail Resorts, 555 E Lionshead Cir, Vail, CO 81657, 970-476-9090.
- Aspen, Colorado. Another popular and talked about ski destination in Colorado is Aspen. Aspen's resort town is a favorite with the rich and famous and other well to do individuals, but there are vacation packages available for various budget amounts. The Aspen ski and resort area features over 3,000 acres and its main mountain has a vertical drop of almost 4,500 feet. Aspen offers ski trails for everyone whether you're a novice or intermediate skier. As one of the five best ski resorts in Colorado, Aspen is hard to beat with its variety of terrain parks, four on-site restaurants, retail and rental shops and comfortable accommodations. Aspen Ski Resort, 38700 Highway 82, Aspen, CO 81611, 970-925-1220.
- Breckenridge, Colorado. With a base elevation of 9,600 feet, a vertical rise of almost 3,400 feet, thirty ski lifts and approximately 2,500 acres of ski terrain, Breckenridge is undoubtedly one of the five best ski resorts in Colorado. Open since 1961, Breckenridge has been providing winter sports enthusiasts’ hours of slope time for almost 50 years. Breckenridge has about 155 skiing and snowboarding trails available, and its longest trail called the "Four O'Clock" is 3.5 miles long. Breckenridge Ski Resort, 1599 Ski Hill Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424, 970-453-5000.
- Telluride, Colorado. For its unmatched beauty, hideaway location and friendly town, Telluride, Colorado, is not a well-known area, but is considered one of the five best ski resorts in Colorado. Telluride is actually located amongst 13,000 and 14,000 foot Rocky Mountain peaks, offering a unique ski-in, ski-out type of resort town. The resort has become so popular over the last three ski seasons; it's actually expanded another 400 acres. The Telluride Ski Resort area also features some of the best restaurants, hotels, shops and spas. Telluride Ski and Golf, 565 Mountain Village Blvd., Telluride, CO 81435, 800-778-8581.
- Crested Butte, Colorado. Rounding off the list of top five ski resorts in Colorado is Crested Butte. This historic mining town turned ski resort is nestled among beautiful snow covered mountain peaks. Known as "the perfect mountain" by the locals, Crested Butte offers slopes and trails for all levels of skiing experience. The slopes are wide and don't get easily crowded which is an advantage to everyone. The mountain also features extreme skiing locations on the North Face and the Head Wall. As of 2010, the newly expanded Teocalli Bowl area now adds to the extreme skiing location of the mountain. Crested Butte Mountain Resort, 12 Snowmass Road, Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225, 888-223-3530.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …