5 Best Ski Resorts In France
When you travel to Europe in the winter, consider spending your vacation at one of these 5 best ski resorts in France. France is considered a romantic and adventurous country. It’s one of Europe’s most visited destinations. Many come for the historical attractions and romantic ambiance, while others come for the experience. You can have it all while spending your vacation in one of these fabulous ski resorts. With over 200 to consider, here are five of the best in France.
- Flaine: This ski resort in the Grand Massif area of France. It has a 40-year history as a ski destination in the country. Flaine is excellent for beginners to expert skiers and features miles of cross country trails. It also has excellent runs and pistes. 74300 Magland, France
- Les Carroz: Les Carroz is also in Grand Massif. This resort is a family-oriented resort, so mind yourself when you visit. It became a resort in 1936 and still is a popular destination. You’ll find 80 lifts, 8 kilometers of cross country trails and over 1,000 meters of vertical drop to ski. If you’re an expert skier, it’s not much of a challenge. However, it’s perfect for snow boarders, intermediate and beginner skiers. 74300 Araches-la-Frasse, France
- Samoens: Samoens is good for intermediate to expert skiers. It’s better for beginners and snow boarders. This small resort has 14 lifts and 40 kilometers of cross country ski area to take on, but it offers other nice things in return. There’s a lot of history in this quiet resort village. The old architecture draws many to Samoens. If sightseeing is your thing and skiing is secondary, visit this town. 73434 Samoens, France
- Morillon: Morillon is located near Flaine. It’s a small resort with a charming ambiance. Although it only boasts eight lifts, the vertical is considered topnotch. It’s excellent skiing for beginners and intermediate visitors. 74440 Morillo, France
- Sixt Fer a Cheval: This ski resort in France is another small but capable destination. It’s an old town with lots of charm for skiers of all skill levels. The town has six ski lifts and plenty of cross country skiing room. There’s a ski pass that takes you to other nearby resorts if you choose. If you snow board, the area is perfect as well. 74740 Sixt Fer à Cheval, France