If you are going to vacation at the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, you need to learn about the 5 best skis for Mammoth. It is important that you have the right skis for the California snow. So if you are used to the icy mountain terrain that is the reality of midwest skiing, you will be in for a surprise at Mammoth. Mammoth receives approximately 400" of snow each year, none of which is icy. When choosing the best skis to take to Mammoth's immaculately groomed runs, you will fare best with alpine skis. Here are the 5 best skis for Mammoth:
- Rossignol Avenger 82 Carbon Skis. These skis will be best for the expert Mammoth skier who likes powder and groomed runs alike. The Avenger features two layers of a carbon laminate to increase the responsiveness of the skis, making them extremely fast and stable. Product testers thought the Avenger had the right amount of sidecut for short radius turns; these skis also look cool.
- Volkl Estrella Skis. These all-mountain skis are a best ski for Mammoth if you want to carve down the 11,000-foot peak. The Estrella offers a comfortable ride, designed to reduce stress on your legs. These skis are stable and are suitable for the intermediate to advanced Mammoth skier.
- K2 Apache Raider Skis. The Apache Raider skis feature an MOD technology which lets the skis bend while also absorbing vibrations. The MOD technology increases power and performance. The wood core promotes a natural flex, allowing the ski to turn efficiently on both powder and packed Mammoth snow.
- Atomic Coax Skis. The Coax skis provide a "tip-to-tail wood core," which allows you to maneuver in powder. The sidewall construction ensures maximum torsional rigidity and edge grip. The three-layer binding is specifically designed for powder (like Mammoth), but you can really use them anywhere, especially advanced skiers.
- Lib Pipe NAS Skis. These freestyle skis are best for the beginning Mammoth skier. These skis have a wood core for a comfortable ride and responsive flex. These skis are designed with Magne-Traction to help you maintain control by transferring control to your feet instead of the tip of the skis. These skis are suitable for powder and packed snow.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.