The 5 best skydiving movies may not all have been huge hits or critical darlings, but they all have tons of filmed realistic skydiving action. From criminals to undercover heroes, the best skydiving movies run the gambit of the action genre.
- "The Gypsy Moths" (1969): Set during a time when skydiving was a new sport, three skydivers (Burt Lancaster, Gene Hackman and Scott Wilson) descend on a sleepy Kansas town. Their daredevil lifestyle and wild leaps soon clash with the values of the people of the small town.
- "Point Break" (1991): FBI agents Johnny Utah and Angelo Pappas (Keanu Reeves and Gary Busey) are investigating bank robberies being committed by a gang wearing masks of U.S. presidents. Utah, believing a group of surfers are behind the thefts, goes undercover as an aspiring surfer and learns the ropes from a group of surfers lead by Bodhi (Patrick Swazye). Eventually, Utah begins to suspect the surfers he's working with are the robbers, but he has been persuaded to join them in a skydiving adventure first. The movie contains a ton of heart-stopping scenes, from surfing to the climatic group skydive sequence.
- "Drop Zone" (1994): Marshal Pete Nessip (Wesley Snipes) loses his brother and his job when the prisoner they are escorting on a plane escapes via a daring skydive. Pete believes the escape was orchestrated by a skydiving expert, so he goes into training with professional skydiver Jessie Crossman (Yancy Butler), putting him directly into the local skydiving community and on a collision course with the expert who pulled off the escape, Ty Moncrief (Gary Busey).
- "Terminal Velocity" (1994): Daredevil skydiver Richard Brodie (Charlie Sheen) is shocked when his new student, Chris Morrow (Natasha Kinski) dies on her first jump with him when her parachute doesn't open. Upon investigating the accident, Brodie discovers Morrow was actually a Russian spy who used him to fake her own death. He soon becomes entangled in the Russian criminal world and must use his intelligence and skydiving skills to survive.
- "Cutaway" (2000): Undercover agent Vic Cooper (Stephen Baldwin) is assigned to discover how a shipment of drugs is being brought into Miami. He immediately joins a professional skydiving team, lead by expert Red Line (Tom Berenger), believing the drugs are coming through an air method. His loyalties to his job are tested as he connects with the team and begins to love the sport itself.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.