With the onslaught of hybrid automobiles and strict emission controls in the United States, diesel cars are limited, but here is the lineup for the 5 best small diesel cars to be sold in 2011 in the United States. There are many car manufacturers who have diesel cars available in Europe, but it is too expensive to get the engines from these autos upgraded to the standards in the United States, so there are very few diesel cars being sold here.
- Audi A3 TDI Audi’s Green Car of the Year, the A3 TDI will return again in 2011. It gets around 42 MPG on the highway and 30 MPG in the city. The car has a 600 mile range and gives out 25 percent fewer emissions than gasoline. It runs on diesel which is much cleaner than gasoline.
- BMW 335D Bavarian Motor Works 335D is a sports sedan which has a six-cylinder turbodiesel engine. It has rear-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic. It is also equipped with six airbags, anti-lock disc brakes, anti-whiplash head restraints, and electronic traction and stability control. It gets 23 MPG in the city and 36 MPG on the highway.
- Mercedes-Benz R350 The R350 is a crossover between a minivan and SUV and features the diesel Bluetec system. The front end is new, the taillights and headlights have been changed and it has a new bumper. It is a high dollar vehicle with exceptional performance, a luxurious cabin and the economy of diesel fuel. The R350 gets 18 MPG in the city and 24 MPG on the highway.
- Volkswagen Jetta TDI The 2011 Jetta sedan is 3.5 inches longer, has more leg room and has a four-cylinder turbodiesel engine. The TDI models also offer a six-speed dual-clutch automated manual system that is much like an automatic. The rear-side airbags have been discontinued, but it has front-side and curtain-side airbags. The Volkswagen Jetta TDI gets 30 MPG in the city and 42 MPG on the highway.
- Volkswagen Golf The Golf's engine is powerful and the cabin is almost luxurious. The diesel option saves money on fuel. Mileage for the Golf is 30 MPG in the city and 41 MPG on the highway. It was named the World Car of the Year in 2010. The new model has an upgrade available for an iPod interface and a stereo system with a touchscreen interface.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”