5 Best Small Lap Dogs
The 5 best small lap dogs are dogs that can easily fit on your lap or that can be carried around handily due to their teeny size. The history of these lap dogs is that they are bred to be strictly companions, and they have no working functions to speak of. Lap dogs also are called toy dogs, and they actually fit into the breed of toy dogs.
- Shih-Tzu. Having a commonly mispronounced name, the Shih-Tzu lap dog is famous for its very long hair that obscures its legs and feet. It takes the number one spot because it probably fits best into what most people think of when you say the words "lap dog." This type of small lap dog also is responsive to training, provided said training is consistent.
- Prazsky Krysavik. Said to be the smallest breed in the whole, entire world, the Prazsky Krysavik (also called the Prague Ratter) was used to kill rats, which is why it gets the name it has. It takes the two spot on this list of small lap dogs because it is good with children on account of its sociable nature.
- Schnoodle. The Schnoodle comes in at the number three position because it is a crossbreed between the Poodle and the Schnauzer, making it unique. Even though they are not aggressive, they make effective watchdogs because they are always alert. Good with kids, the Schnoodle also does not like it if it is kept outdoors.
- American Hairless Terrier. The American Hairless Terrier gets the four position because for a small lap dog, it still has powerful shoulders and legs along with being well-muscled. These types of small lap dogs are feisty, which they owe to their terrier lineage.
- Lhasa Apso. The Lhasa Apso features a coat that extends all the way to the floor, obscuring its legs and feet. It is a breed with a friendly yet assertive manner that shows affection to its masters. A problem with this dog is that it may develop Small Dog Syndrome where it begins to think that it is the master of its human owner.