5 Best Snowboarding Locations For The Holiday Season
The 5 best snowboarding locations for the holiday season are hard to determine because there are so many locations that are fantastic, not to mention spread out all over the world. Some of the best and biggest mountains in the world have become famous snowboarding destinations. Here are five snowboarding locations that top our list:
- Tignes Resort in Europe ranks number one. Tignes has the best powder in the world and is located the closest to the sun. Tignes consists of one hundred eighty miles total. There are more snowboarders come here than anywhere else. This resort boasts a valley of tunnels as well as smaller jumps for children, which means great fun for the entire family.
- Mayrhofen in Austria is in the heart of the Austrian Alps. Mayrhofen has become the home of Austrian snowboarding and gets visitors from all over the world year round. Mayrhofen has a welcoming and laid-back atmosphere and one of the leading terrain parks. The resort also hosts some world-class events, such as the Aesthetiker Jam.
- Whistler in Canada is home to more pro snowboarders than anywhere else in the world. Whistler and Blackcomb mountains are perfect for snowboarders. Whistler distinguishes itself from its competitors with back country riding which is accessed by snowmobile.
- Verbier, Switzerland has some of the very best free ride terrain in the world as well as great back country terrain. The finals of the Free Ride World Tour normally take place yearly on the Bec des Rosses, one of the largest and most dangerous no-fall zones. A single cable-car will take you to more than 11,000 feet.
- Snowpark, New Zealand,which is located between Queenstown and Wanaka in South Island, was built as a terrain park a few years ago. Snowpark features more than forty kickers and a world-class super pipe. This resort has become a must-see tourist favorite for snowboarding free-stylers.