5 Best Soccer Goals 2009
2009 has come and gone but people still argue over what the 5 best soccer goals of 2009 were. There were contenders all over the globe and big name players were in the mix. After careful analysis, the following soccer goals can be proclaimed as the best 5 of 2009,
- Cristiano Ronaldo for Man Utd v Porto FC 15 April 2009. The Porto goal keeper must have thought April Fool's Day had come two weeks too late when he saw Cristiano Ronaldo lining up to take a shot at goal with a free kick over 40 yards from goal. Ronaldo had the last laugh as he lashed his effort into the back of the net and scored one of the 5 best soccer goals of 2009.
- Dan Gosling for Everton v Liverpool 2 April 2009. It is hard enough to score the best soccer goals at any moment in time but how many 18 year olds have the nerve to score one in the last minute of extra time against their teams most bitter rivals ? Not many. Dan Gosling did though and what a beauty it was.
- Andres Iniesta for Barcelona v Chelsea 5 May 2009. With a place in the Champion's league final on line Chelsea and Barcelona were into injury time at the end of the match. The ball fell to Iniesta outside the box and some how he produced one of the 5 best goals of the year by blasting it through the Chelsea back line and into the roof of the net.
- Eliran Atar for Bnei Yahuda v Maccabi Haifa. 9 February 2009. The worlds attention was unusually focused on the Israeli league in 2009 thanks to the previously unknown Eliran Atar scoring one of the best goals of the year. The cheeky fellow tried his luck with a scissor-kick from 25 yards out and put it in the back of the net. No doubt it qualifies for the top 5 of 2009.
- Emmanuel Adebayor for Arsenal v Villareal 7 April 2009. The month of April produced 3 of the 5 best soccer goals in 2009 and this over head effort from Adebayor completes the trio. The lanky star from Togo will be fondly remember by Gooners for this one even if he has since walked out on the club.