If you're feeling like the victim of a broken heart, you need to know these 5 best songs about cheating. These songs about cheating take everything that we love and hate about infidelity and explain all of the trials and tribulations we go through with a great beat and catchy lyrics. Even if you don't condone what's going on within these songs, you have to admit that these songs about cheating best capture the feelings that we go through, whether we're the victim or the perpetrator.
- "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood. This is one of the best songs about because it serves as one of the clearest warnings to potential cheaters. Underwood vividly describes how she wrecks her boyfriend's car while he chats up young ladies at a local speakeasy. Lines such as "I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights / slashed a hole in all four tires" is about as blatant as it can be when it comes to painting a picture of a destroyed ride. If this song tells us anything, it's that the old adage of "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" certainly rings true.
- "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. This is one of the most ambiguous songs about cheating because, well, we're not entirely sure if we'd stop it from going on. Imagine walking through a club and see her locking lips with a hottie like Perry, what would you do? If you had any sense in you, you'd let that happen, and possibly take some pictures. This gets on the list of the best songs about cheating because, simply put, this is the best kind of cheating. She may have kissed a girl, but we certainly don't mind it.
- "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy. Possibly one of the funniest songs on this list, Shaggy does everyone the favor of describing how his mate catches him in the act, with the girl next door, in a multitude of locations. Besides teaching young men everywhere the value of checking your girlfriend's travel schedule before trying the freak dance with a stranger, this is one of the best songs about cheating because of the utter frankness its uses in approaching the topic. Take notes from Shaggy—maybe the bedroom floor isn't the best place to get down and dirty.
- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette. The original single from the angriest Canuck in history, this is one of the best songs about cheating because of how viscerally she describes the rage and contempt she feels towards her former partner. Rumors about Hollywood connections aside, Morissette definitely establish herself as a rage-fueled Goddess with this hit about a partnership falling apart from within. Oral sex in public and scars left on one's back are just some of the incredible images she uses to show us what it really means to be full of fury.
- "Lips Of An Angel" by Hinder. This is easily one of the saddest songs about cheating on this list. Less of the physical infidelity is described with these chords, and more of an emotional battle a man has who is torn between the girl he is with and the one who once owned his heart. The line "But girl you make it hard to be faithful / with the lips of an angel" shows us a man who is pushed to his moral limits by someone who is inadvertently dangling the sweetest of carrots in front of him. If only he could take a bite.
If you're going through a certain degree of emotional hardship, these songs about cheating definitely can help you cope. The lyrics within these songs speak to anyone who has cheated or been cheated upon, while the beats are catchy enough to make them instant classics. If you're looking for something for your next party, these songs about cheating are sure to not disappoint.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.