5 Best Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Models
Can you think of a reason why not take a look back at the 5 best sports illustrated cover models? It's a tough job, as there's really no such thing as a bad swimsuit model. But none the less, here are the best of the best among Sports Illustrated cover models.
- Veronica Varekova, Elle MacPherson, Rebecca Romijn, Rachel Hunter, Daniela Pestova, Elsa Benitez, Carolyn Murphy and Yamila Diaz- What could be better than one swimsuit model? How about eight. The 2006 cover featured an All-Star team with these eight women, all of whom had been on previous covers. Spanning 30 years, the eight of them had been on a combined 18 covers. Through the strength of numbers, these models are easily some of the best Sports Illustrated cover models.
- Tyra Banks- In one of the most memorable cover shots, Tyra Banks became the first solo African American "Sports Illustrated" cover model when she graced the cover of the 1997.
- Bar Refaeli- The Israeli beauty graced the cover of the 2009 issue at the age of 23. Refaeli has now appeared in several issues and has quickly become one of the all time best swimsuit cover models.
- Heidi Klum- She is now a major celebrity, but not long ago Klum was a star "Sports Illustrated" swimsuit model. The German model was featured on the cover of the 1998 issue. While she has not been in an issue in several years, the good news is that she can still be seen strutting the catwalk for Victoria's Secret.
- Marissa Miller- The California native was the cover model for the 2008 issue, pictured along with some well placed necklaces. The blond bombshell quickly found her way into the hearts of men around the world and cemented her status as one of the top "Sports Illustrated" swimsuit models.