Looking for the 5 best osteoporosis supplements? Unfortunately, too many people suffer from osteoporosis, but luckily, there are quite a few supplements available that will help promote strong and healthy bones.
- Calcium. Calcium is hands down the most important supplement on our list of the 5 best osteoporosis supplements. If you want to maintain and develop your bones, calcium is a key factor. Calcium can be obtained through many food sources, but if you are not getting enough, supplements are the way to go.
- Magnesium. Magnesium, one of the 5 best osteoporosis supplements, greatly contributes to the makeup of the bones and teeth. Magnesium helps regulate calcium levels within your body, so taking magnesium supplements in addition to calcium supplements is a great way to support your bones.
- Vitamin D. Like magnesium, vitamin D works with calcium to help build and maintain strong bones. Taking calcium supplements alone is simply not enough. Vitamin D, one of the 5 best osteoporosis supplements, helps your body absorb and use calcium. In addition, vitamin D helps prevent other bone disorders, such as rickets and osteomalacia.
- Vitamin K. Vitamin K, one of the 5 best osteoporosis supplements, plays a very important role in bone health. As with magnesium and vitamin D, vitamin K is needed in order for your body to properly use the calcium supplements. The higher the vitamin K levels are within your body, the greater your bone density will be. Studies have also shown that vitamin K has other bone-enhancing benefits.
- Lysine. The final supplement in our list of the 5 best osteoporosis supplements is lysine. As previously mentioned, calcium is the absolute best supplement that can be taken for osteoporosis, but without the aid of other supplements, your body may not be able to actually use that calcium. Lysine helps your body absorb the calcium, and also decreases the amount of calcium that is lost during urination.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.