5 Best Sushi Restaurants: Austin
Are you planning to visit Austin, Texas, and are you looking for the 5 best sushi restaurants? Many people find it hard to believe that in many areas of Texas, including Austin, sushi is common cuisine and locals and visitors adore it. Another surprise is the fine sushi restaurants located in Texas.
- Maiko. The restaurant offers Japanese fashion and sushi and is one of the best sushi restaurants in Austin. The menu features a number of sushi appetizers including spicy salmon, spicy tuna and red dragon. Sushi menu includes hamachi toro, hirame, tako and ika. Maiko: 311 W 6th St., Austin, TX 78701, 512-236-9888.
- Uchi. Uchi is one elegant establishment and one of the best sushi restaurants in Austin. The restaurant offers fresh and exclusive dishes such as crudo (sea bass) and machi cure (smoked baby yellow tail with yucca chips). Sushi specialties include toro, akami, taraba and mongo ika. Uchi: 801 South Lamar, Austin, TX 78704, 512-916-4808.
- Finn & Porter. Finn & Porter offers exceptional dining experience and one of the favorite sushi restaurants for locals and visitors in Austin. Specialty selections include pepper tuna, o-toro, ginger flounder and strawberry escolar. Well-known sushi dishes include hamachi, maguro, sake and saba. The restaurant also serves a vast wine menu. Finn & Porter: 500 East 4th St., Austin, TX 78701, 512.493.4900.
- Imperia. This one of the best sushi restaurants in Austin, not only because of the excellent sushi they serve, but because the ambiance is relaxed and chic. Appetizers include chilled edmame, seaweed salad and spicy baked avocado. Sushi menu items include tuna, fatty tuna, salmon, red snapper and octopus. Imperia: 310 Colorado St., Austin, TX 78701, 512-472-6770.
- DK Sushi. DK Sushi is one of the best sushi restaurants in Dallas namely because of Chef DK Lee and his signature dishes. The restaurant has been in the Austin region for more than 18 years and features fresh sushi menu items as hirame, tako akami and saba. DK Sushi: 6400 South First St., Center Suite C, Austin, TX 78745, 512-326-5807.