Looking for the 5 best sushi restaurants in Portland, Oregon? It probably comes as no surprise that Portland offers exceptional seafood, but there are several restaurants that specialize in sushi and Japanese restaurants. Portland's climate is perfect for growing roses, and it is ideal for sushi.
- Japanese Sushi House. This is one of Portland's best sushi restaurants because their menu focuses on Nigiri sushi and rolls. Appetizers include Gyoza, Soft Shell Crab and Yakitori. The sushi menu offers several choices including Flying Fish Roe, Bonito, Salmon, Smoked Salmon and River Eel. Desserts include green tea ice cream, ginger ice cream and mango sherbet. Japanese Sushi House: 1667 SE Bybee St., Portland, OR 97202, 503-236-4237.
- Mio Sushi: Mio Sushi offers fresh and affordable prices making it one of the best sushi restaurants in Portland. Appetizers include Salmon Skin Salad, Gyoza and Shrimp Shumai. The sushi menu features Sushi Combination Plates, Sashimi Combination and Roll Combination, plus many others. Dessert offerings include green tea, mochi and tempura ice cream. Mio Sushi: 2271 NW Johnson St., Portland, OR 97210, 503-221-1469.
- Masu. The Masu offers a large menu for dining in, carry out or catering. It is one of the best sushi restaurants in Portland. Appetizers include Miso Soup, Tsukemono Japanese Pickled Vegetable Plate and Miso Cured Black Cod with Spinach and House Pickles. The sushi bar features specialty rolls such as Lotus (tuna, crab and avocado), Japanther (spicy crab and cucumber) and Ragin Cajun. Dessert menus change nightly. Masu: 406 SW 13th Ave., Portland, OR 97205, 503-221-8102.
- Ichidai. The Ichidai has been in business for more than 20 years and a favorite among locals and visitors. It is one of the best sushi restaurants in Portland since it is tried and true. Appetizers include Hamachi Kama, Cod Miso Yaki and Saba Shio Yaki. The sushi menu offers exclusives such as Cod Miso Yahi, Salmon Kama and Saba Shio Yaki. The dessert menu changes frequently. Ichidai: 5714 SE Powell Blvd., Portland, OR 97206, 503-771-4648.
- Bush Garden Japanese Restaurant. The Bush Garden is one of the areas best sushi restaurants especially for large parties or catering. Appetizers include specialties such as Cold-Tofu, Squid Mentaniko and Asari Sakamushi. Menu items include sushi rolls such as, Oregon Roll, California Roll, Bush Roll, Salmon Skin Roll and Alaskan Roll. Dessert menu features Tempura Ice Cream and seasonal fruits. Bush Garden Japanese Restaurant: 900 SW Morrison St., Portland, OR 97205 503-226-7181.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …