This article will explore the 5 best suspense thriller movies ever. A suspense thriller film is basically a thriller who's plot cannot be easily followed, which in turn, gives its viewer an edge-of-seat experience. Most of the films produced in Hollywood each year are thrillers of some sort, so the list of great thrillers is very long. Here are 5 of the best suspense thriller movies ever.
- "Rear Window. " This Alfred Hitchcock classic suspense thriller was produced in 1954. The film is #3 on American Film Institute's top 10 mystery movies of all time. While spying on the neighbors in his apartment complex with binoculars, a wheelchair bound man is convinced of having witnessed a murder. The spy is also convinced the murderer saw him and is coming for him next.
- "The Usual Suspects." When a truck full of weapons is hijacked, five notorious thieves are brought into the police station for interrogation. Only one of the five thieves' story of innocence gains his release. But when the interrogating office turns around, he gets the surprise of his life when he reads a bulletin board and discovers he has been fed convincing information directly from it. This suspense thriller was produced in 1995.
- "The Village." A close knit community in the late 19th century live their lives aware of the frightening creatures that live in the woods just beyond their homes. But when the life of one of the villagers can be saved by outside medicine, the truth about the creatures is finally revealed. This suspense thriller was filmed in 2004.
- "The Number 23." This suspense thriller was produced in 2007 and is about the obsession one man has with a novel that seems to be written about things that have happened in his life. The number 23 shows up in the novel and in his daily life over and over again. But in the end, the man learns something even more important about the novel; its author.
- "Inside Man." During an intense hostage situation involving a bank robbery, a clever thief and a seasoned cop match wits. At the end of their cat and mouse game, the cop gets his hostages, but the bank robber somehow undetected, walks past hundreds of police officers with his takings. How did he do it?