Looking for the 5 best thigh exercises for men? Most men want to work on their thighs, and it makes sense. The thighs have the biggest muscles in the human body and are key in helping you move throughout your everyday life. Here are 5 exercises that will help you tone and develop your thighs.
- Squats. This is a basic thigh exercise, and one of the best, because you can do it anytime, anywhere. Start with your feet hip-width apart. Scoot your butt out like you were going to sit on a chair. When you want to really tone, hold ten-pound weights in front of your chest while you do your squats.
- Wall sits. Over the years, many coaches have used this move to punish players who showed up to practice late. It’s also a great way to exercise and tone your thighs. Find a flat wall and stand next to it. Slide down until you are at a ninety degree angle and stay there with your back against the wall until your thighs burn, then hold it for another thirty seconds.
- Front lunges. This is a classic exercise that works your thighs. Start off standing with your hands on your hips and your feet shoulder-width apart. Move one leg in front of the other until you create a 90-degree angle with your front leg. Your back leg should not touch the ground. Hold the pose for five seconds, return to the original position, then repeat it with the second leg.
- Downward-facing dog. This basic yoga pose tones your thighs and arms. Start laying on your stomach, then place your hands by your shoulders. Push yourself up with your butt in the air until your body is making the shape of the letter A. Hold the pose for ninety seconds.
- Stairs. If you have stairs in your house, go up and down the stairs during every commercial break while you’re watching TV. Not only will this exercise work your thighs, but when you do it quickly you will get a cardio boost.
These exercises are a great start to having toned thighs. To reveal the muscles you’re working on, make sure you get at least sixty minutes of cardio every day to get rid of extra calories.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …