5 Best Thriller Movies 2009
If you're planning a movie marathon, you might want to check out the 5 best thriller movies 2009. It was a great year for movies, especially for sci-fi thrillers and movies that kept you gripping the arms of your chair from start to finish. Whether you like sci-fi, apocalyptic thrillers or dramas with lots of unexpected twists and turns, you should definitely check out this list of the best thriller movies of 2009. Just be sure to bring the popcorn!
- If you enjoy thrillers with a sci-fi storyline, the hit science fiction thriller movie "Moon" is something you'll definitely want to check out. Listed as one of the best thriller movies of 2009, it explores what can happen to a person when he's left alone for three years, with just a computer and his own thoughts to keep him company. Starring Sam Rockwell and Kevin Spacey as the voice of GERTY, this is a great thriller with plenty of plot twists to keep you on your toes.
- A Honduran uncle, father and his daughter tangle with a dangerous gang in the 2009 thriller movie "Sin Nombre." They say that girls tend to be attracted to the bad boys, and this appears to be the case for young Sayra (Paulina Gaitán). Curious about the gang member El Casper (played by Edgar Flores), she cannot stay away from him, despite her father's warnings. You just have to know this won't end well.
- "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" serves up another dose of sleek, hot vampires and sexy werewolves for your viewing pleasure. The prequel tale of the ongoing feud between vampire and lycan, this is one of the best thriller movies 2009 for those who enjoy the darker side of immortality. If you're tired of "Twilight" and sparkly vampires make you want to pull out the stakes and holy water, give the Anita Blake a break. This blood-and-guts film, starring Michael Sheen and Rhona Mitra, delivers the suspense and action you‘re looking for.
- In "Knowing," it's the year 1959, and a class of children are asked to draw pictures of life as they imagine it will be like 50 years into the future. The drawings are then included in a time capsule, set to be reopened after the 50 years have passed. While many of the children draw the required pictures, one disturbed young girl just adds a page filled with numbers to the time capsule. Fifty years into the future, the father of the boy (played by Nicholas Cage) who receives this strange code, breaks the message and discovers that the string of numbers correspond with disasters that have occurred throughout the years. Easily one of the best thriller movies of 2009, "Knowing" is filled with puzzles and great effects that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Teaming the always-popular actor Brad Pitt with a great director like Quentin Tarantino, you get "Inglourious Basterds," the perfect recipe for one of the best thriller movies 2009. Released in August, the "Inglourious Basterds" are an elite group of Jewish-American soldiers who are sent in to Nazi-occupied France during World War II. There, they are given the task of shaking the Third Reich clear down to their boots by scalping and killing members of the Nazi party. Mix in a beautiful woman with a score to settle and you have an Oscar-winning thriller on your hands.