The 5 best thriller movies of all time are a must see for lovers of the thriller genre. In a thriller film, an ordinary person's life is in a constant state of peril, and they are desperately trying to regain control to turn it around. When you watch a great thriller film, you will become consumed by them. Check the list below for five of the best thriller movies of all time.
- "Deliverance." Winner of nine awards, including an Academy Award for best picture of 1972. Things get way out of hand for four macho wannabe city slickers on a canoeing trip in the backwoods of Georgia. After ignoring the warnings of some locals, the friends spend time playing bluegrass music with a mute inbred boy and his family. The next day, the family aims to show these men their version of macho.
- "Marathon Man." This 1976 thriller revolves around a case of mistaken involvement. A man is kidnapped and tortured after his brother is murdered for a stash of gems. His captor, an escaped Nazi war criminal, has a special way of extracting information from his prisoner–sadistic oral surgery while asking the question, "Is it safe?". The man eventually escapes and turns the tables with his own brand of torture.
- "The Silence Of The Lambs." This 1990 thriller was the recipient of eight awards including five Academy Awards. Hannibal "the cannibal" Lecter, successfully profiles an active serial killer, "Buffalo Bill," which allows the FBI to capture Bill and rescue the Mayor's daughter before he murders and skins her. But much to their surprise, Hannibal escapes his heavily secured prison cell to continue his own carnage, starting with the warden of the prison.
- "The Sixth Sense." After being shot in a home invasion, a child psychologist returns to work and tries to help an eight year old boy figure out why he believes he can see ghosts. But the boy really does have a gift, and in the end, he helps the psychologist come to grips with his own death from the gunshot wound he received during the break-in. This 1999 thriller won six Academy Awards and is considered by some to be the number one thriller of all time.
- "Thelma & Louise." This 1991 thriller won an Academy Award for best screenplay of the year. Two friends leave for a weekend road trip to get away from the men in their lives. After the women get drunk at a bar, one of them shoots and kills a would-be rapist, but with their past experience with men, the two friends decide the only way out is to run. Their journey ends with a high speed run to the Grand Canyon with the local Sheriff in pursuit for a surprise ending.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.