5 Best 'Titanic' Movie Quotes
Want to know the 5 best "Titanic" movie quotes? While opinion on the best "Titanic" movie quotes can vary from person to person. Therefore, what are listed here may not be the best quotes to you. However, they have been chosen because of meaning, humor, etc. So, here are the 5 best "Titanic" movie quotes.
- [Talking about the Titanic] Ruth: "So this is the ship they say is unsinkable." Cal Hockley: "It is unsinkable. God himself could not sink this ship." This is an ironic quote because, later in the movie, the Titanic sinks.
- [After the musicians play music] Musician: "What's the use? Nobody's listening to us anyway." Wallace Hartley: "Well, they don't listen to us at dinner either." This goes to show that people don't really need the music when at dinner and other places. Places that seem to be really fancy, like the Titanic, always have musicians playing there, even though people aren't really paying any attention to them.
- Jack: "Wait! We're passengers! We're passengers!" [flushed and panting, Jack waves the tickets as he and Fabrizio run up the ramp to the 3rd class gangway entrance of the Titanic] 6th Officer Moody: [looks at the tickets as Jack and Fabrizio reach the end of the ramp] "Have you been through the inspection queue?" Jack: [lying] "Of course! Anyway, we don't have lice, we're Americans. [motions the tickets back and forth between himself and Fabrizio] Both of us." 6th Officer Moody: [nods] "Right. Come aboard." This simply proves that security for public transportation was poor back then. Nowadays, security is tough in airports and with other methods of transportation.
- [being offered a lifebelt] Benjamin Guggenheim: "No, thank you. We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down as gentlemen." This shows how Benjamin and his friends would rather go down with the Titanic rather than survive. Perhaps they just want to end the suffering or maybe they feel that they have lived life to the fullest.
- "[Looking at a salvaged hand mirror] Old Rose: "This was mine. How extraordinary! And it looks the same as it did last time I saw it... The reflection's changed a bit." This little quote from "Titanic" is a good example of how people like to humor themselves from time to time. It's interesting to see and hear people humor themselves with subtle little jokes.