With 9 years worth of episodes to choose from picking the 5 best episodes of "Top Gear" was a task. These episodes stand out about the rest. They were entertaining to say the least. Some are all about the speed. Some are about driveability. While others are about comfort and intuition. But in every episode of "Top Gear", the cars and trucks are pushed to their limit.
- Season 12 Episode 1: Truck Driving Experience. This episode of "Top Gear" was hysterical. They guys each bought a big rig cargo truck with 5000 pounds. Each thinking they had the best truck set out to complete a series of challenges. One truck caught on fire. It still ran but the trailer was burnt nearly to the ground. Another could barely get out of its own way let alone challenge any of the others.
- Season 12 Episode 2: U.S. Road Trip. In this episode of "Top Gear," three American muscle cars are put to the test. A new Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and a Dodge Challenger. These muscle cars were tested from San Francisco to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. Each driver set a top speed for themselves and each speed was broke with the fastest being the Corvette Z06.
- Season 7 Episode 1: A Very Wet Isle of Man. On the Isle of Man the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, the BMW M6, and the Porsche 911 Carrera 2S. After much fishing and discussion the "Top Gear" guys decide they like the Porsche the best.
- Season 15 Episode 4: Motorhoming. The goal in this episode of "Top Gear" was to build a mobile home that would fit on the tight European roads but were still had to be stylish, functional, and cool. Each mobile home had to have functional cooking facilities, room to sleep, and a bathroom.
- Season 13 Episode 1: Stig Revealed. Stig has always been the man behind the racing suit. With many attributes to a race car driver people speculate yet his true identity is never reveals. In this episode fan believe they are going to see the real Stig, finally. But when his helmet comes off it reveals Michael Schumacher. Could he be the real Stig? Nope not really.