Of The 5 Best Touring Car Championships in the world four of them take place in Europe and only one in the United States. Touring car championships are very different from other forms of racing. A touring car is an open car with a convertible top and covered area in the back that provided seating for four. It was popular in the early 20th century. All touring car races are conducted under the Federation Internationale de l’ Automobile (FIA) regulations. The regulations govern the type of cars allowed in these races, the number of cars allowed and the length of the courses. Also the FIA has strict rules regarding safety features of the cars.
- The V8 Supercars event held in Australia is one of the best touring car championship races and more than 200,000 people turn out to watch these races. The races range from short sprint races of both a 100 to 200 km race on Saturday and one 200km on Sunday or a longer race consisting of 2-250km races over the course of one weekend. The endurance races are run over a course of 500 to 1,000 km.
- The British Touring Car Championship is a touring car championship series held each year in the United Kingdom and consists of three races with between 16 and 25 laps. The winner of the first race starts race two in first place. In race three the top positions are determined by spinning a wheel that contain all the numbers of the cars that finished in places one through seven in race two.
- The Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) is a series that is based in Germany but also has holds touring car championship races elsewhere in Europe. The series usually consists of two 100km races, however there is a combination race consisting of one 35km and one 100km race. The winner of this race is determined by points earned in each segment.
- The World Touring Car Championship holds races all around the world and is considered to be the third most important FIA race. This race consists of 2 100km races held on one day with qualifying races held the day before.
- The SPEED World Challenge is held in North America and consists of three classes: grand touring, touring car and a GTS class. Each season has ten races on different weekends and has a 50 minute limit. A winner is declared in each race.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?