The 5 best Toyota pickup trucks ever are all those impressive Toyota pickup trucks that have attained something like legacy status in the company. These trucks are all stalwarts of Toyota's reputation of reliability. Many of them are either still in production or on the road in some form or fashion.
- Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma is the best Toyota pickup truck ever due to it having won the coveted Truck of the Year award in 2005. Said award was from the Motor Trend publication. A more compact pickup truck, the Tacoma is also designed to be owned by people who don't have or want to spend a lot of money on a pickup truck, but still need or desire the accoutrements of a pickup truck. It has also gone through design changes called different generations of models.
- Toyota Tundra. The Toyota Tundra is what some people widely taken to be the first import and full-size pickup truck that was built with an American audience in mind. This makes it land at number two on this list of the best Toyota pickup trucks ever. It also comes with a V8 engine, excellent for all those times you have the heaviest of heavy loads to carry around. The Tundra also was Motor Trend's Truck of the Year for two years: In 2000 and then again in 2008.
- Toyota T100. This was a short-lived Toyota pickup truck from the years 1993 to 1998, but it deserves to land the number three spot on this list of the best Toyota pickup trucks. However, this truck was targeted at a special niche market of American pickup drivers: Those who wanted a little bit of a smaller truck that was more mobile and didn't feature a V8 engine or even an extended cab feature. In 1997, JD Power and Associates named it one of the top three vehicles in initial quality.
- Toyota Hilux. The Toyota Hilux was discontinued in North America in 1995, but before then, the Hilux was a long-running pickup truck for Toyota. This Toyota pickup truck model was first produced in 1968 and ran for several generations of models, proving its longevity. In North America, the Hilux was actually renamed the 4Runner in the 1980s. The 4Runner is now a full-fledged SUV, proving how the Hilux has spawned another long-running Toyota pickup model.
- Toyota Stout. The Toyota Stout was only a light pickup truck that Toyota made the first time all the way back in 1954, the reason that it snags the fifth spot on this list of the best Toyota pickup trucks ever. This is the classic of all classics in the line of Toyota pickup models because it featured a ladder frame chassis and 4-wheel drum brakes. This is where all of Toyota's pickups really started from, if you think about it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.