Only the 5 best trail running socks will be good enough for the man who is serious about off-road running. Any man who prefers trail running knows that the gear he wears is just as important as his physical fitness. The socks play just as important of a role as the runner’s shoes when it comes to trail running.
- ASICS Trail Sensor socks. These are trail running socks made of nylon, lycra and elastic. Ventilation is increased with the mesh air channels. They are also anatomically correct to fit your left and right feet individually. This is a great feature that reduces heel slippage, which can slow you down on a trail run.
- Balega All Out trail socks. There is a unique combination of fibers used to manufacture these trail running socks. It is a combination of acrylic, Merino wool, mohair, polyamide and nylon. There are many benefits to the wool fibers that most men will notice. They provide natural odor control, keep moisture away from the skin and help regulate the temperature of your feet.
- Drymax Lite trail running socks. Men know that moisture and dirt are the two main problems that can make a trail run difficult. Drymax socks are known for keeping out moisture as well as trail dirt and debris. The Drymax/Olefin fibers repel water which many trail runners encounter when crossing small creeks. The extra padding around the ankle seals off the top portion of the sock, keeping dirt and debris from entering the bottom of the sock where it will cause pain and irritation.
- Darn Tough trail running socks. This is a non-bulky trail running sock that is made in the United States. The construction of the material around the toes provides extra comfort and reduces toe abrasions. The wool fibers help to control foot odor, and the reinforced toe box and heel mean that the Darn Tough brand socks are long-lasting.
- SmartWool PhD trail running socks. The four-degree fit system makes these socks different from its competitors. They were designed with extra fiber bands around the ankle, arch and instep areas. The high impact areas of the heel and toe box have added cushioning, and the top of the sock has three separate areas of mesh for ventilation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.