Exercise is definitely the name of the game in an overweight society, so knowing the 5 best treadmill workouts for weight loss can be essential. The treadmill was once just a means for walking or running without going outside, but now it can be one of the best workouts you will experience. You can now take your treadmill workout to the next level by having a different workout for every day of the five day work week. Before beginning any of the exercises, it is suggested that you research and know your maximum heart rate threshold.
- Low Intensity Treadmill Workout It’s always best to start with a low intensity workout to give your body time to get accustomed to the treadmill. Begin with a warm-up for the first ten minutes to wake up the muscles and cardiovascular system. You don’t want to send your system into shock by jumping on the treadmill going 100 mph. For the next 25 minutes, increase your pace to raise your heart rate between 60 to 70 percent of your maximum heart rate and maintain it for the entire 25 minutes. Slow your pace down for the next five to ten minutes to lower your heart rate.
- Interval Treadmill Workout Interval training consists of working out in a series of short periods at different speeds. Interval training is good at keeping the body from becoming too accustomed to any workout. Begin with a ten minute warm up just like in the low intensity workout. For five minutes increase your heart rate to 70 to 80 percent of your maximum heart rate. Then reduce your heart rate to 60 to 70 percent and maintain for five minutes. Increase it back to 70 to 85 percent for the next five minutes and reduce it again to 60 to 70 percent for another five minutes. Finally, move into a warm down for five to ten minutes.
- High Intensity Treadmill Workout to Burn Fat The high intensity workout begins with the ten minute warm up to wake up the muscles. Move into an eight second sprint and maintain the heart rate at 70 to 85 percent range. Next, move into a twelve second recovery in which you will drop your pace to instantly drop your heart rate. Repeat this process for five to fifteen minutes, which strictly depends on your fitness level. Lastly, move into a slow jog to allow your heart rate to slow down and continue your warm down.
- 400 calorie Treadmill Burn Workout Walk briskly or jog (3.5 or 5.8 mph) for 25 to 27 minutes. For the next two minutes, run at a quicker pace (5.8 to 7.0 mph). Repeat the 25 to 27 minute walk/jog. For 33 to 35 minutes, walk briskly or jog again (3.5 or 5.8 mph). Cool down for the last five minutes.
- 500 Calorie Interval Treadmill Burn Triathlon coach Robert Pennino created this workout which is sure to burn those wanted pounds. The first ten minutes are a warm up jog at about 5.0 mph. Then proceed to a 7.5 mph sprint for the next ten minutes. Do a 5.0 mph jog for another ten minutes. Repeat jog for three intervals for approximately three minutes. Now that you are seventeen minutes into the workout, run at 6.5 mph for three minutes then drop back to a 5.0 mph jog for another three minutes. Repeat the process by going into a 6.5 mph run for three minutes and drop to a 5.0 jog again. Repeat this process for two more intervals and gradually slow your pace to a cool down jog. This is a workout that you will need to work your body into gradually.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.