They may be typically known for being boring, but the 5 best trivia board games are anything but! Whether you like traditional games based on facts or more modern games where the focus is on movies, there is the perfect trivia board game out there for you.
- Scene It. If you don’t like traditional trivia board games, this movie-based game could be right up your alley. There are a variety of different questions styles, but our favorite includes when players watch a short video clip and then answer a question about the movie. Or, they have to identify what movie is shown from a single frame with the actors’ faces removed. This is a fun party game that can accommodate up to twenty people.
- Trivial Pursuit. This is likely the most famous of all trivia board games. Available in a variety of editions (Disney Trivial Pursuit, anyone?), players answer questions ranging from the most complicated of topics to the mundane. The game has been around since 1979 and will surely remain a staple in many storage closets for years to come.
- Wits & Wagers. For those that don’t like trivia board games filled with minutia, this game features questions that are answered numerically. Everyone answers the question (for example, “How many feet wide is an NFL football field?”) and places their answer face up. Everyone then places a wager on the answer he feels is the closest to the pin. Bonus: you don’t actually have to know any of the answers to win; you simply take educated guesses.
- Fact or Crap. This is the ultimate game for those who know everything, or for those who want everyone to think they know everything. Simply spew out your knowledge and convince your friends to believe what you’re saying is “fact.” The best liar wins.
- Battle of the Sexes. This is a great party game to play after everyone has had a few drinks. This trivia board game tests your knowledge of the opposite sex by asking questions based on gender. This is the one game that actually helps settle the age-old question: which sex is superior? Just don’t take it too far if you plan on getting any action from her later on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.