5 Best UFC Training Exercises
In order to get your body into its best shape for MMA, you're going to need the 5 best UFC training exercises. Turn yourself into the ultimate MMA machine that will not only sculpt your form into that of an Olympian god, but also give you unstoppable power and form for when you finally step into the ring.
- Dumbbell Uppercut. This routine is one of the best UFC training exercises because you're not only sculpting your arms, but you're also improving your fighting form while maintaining the straightness of your punches. Holding one medium weight dumbbell in each hand, rotate your body to the left and throw an uppercut with your right hand, pivoting your left foot while doing so. Repeat this process with your left hand to complete one rep. Do twenty reps as such, making sure not to concentrate on throwing hard punches. Instead, focus on keeping your punches even and controlled.
- Medicine Ball Rotation. Hold a medicine ball at arm's length above your head. Keeping your arms outstretched, rotate the ball in a clockwise motion until it is above your head once again. Now, rotate the ball in a counterclockwise motion. Once it reaches the spot above your head, you've completed one rep. Perform ten reps as such, and you will see a marked increase in your strength and endurance, making this one of the best UFC training exercises you can do.
- Single Leg Deadlift. One of the best UFC training exercises you can do with limited equipment, this routine helps you work on your balance while improving the strength of your core. Balancing on your right leg, hold a dumbbell in your left hand at waist level, making certain to keep your arm straight. Bend your hips and right leg at the same time, going as low as you can while keeping your lower back naturally arched. Return to the standing position to complete one rep. Do ten of these, rest half a minute, then do ten more reps with the other hand.
- Turkish Rise with a Medicine Ball. Lie on the ground on your back, holding a medicine ball above your body at arm's length. Try to get up as quickly as possible, maintaining the medicine ball at a level perpendicular to the floor at all times. Once you get to your feet, you've completed one rep. Do five reps, switching hands every time. This is not only one of the best UFC training exercises, but also one of the simplest to perform that yield maximum results.
- Light Weight Punch Crawl. Hold a light weight dumbbell in each hand and get into push-up position. Raise your right hand as if you're going to punch the floor, and bring it down lightly a little bit in front of you. Immediately after this, repeat the same process with the left hand, making a little bit of progress across the floor and completing one rep. Do this for ten reps going forward, then do ten more crawling backwards, maintaining the straightness of your back at all times. You will see an exponential increase in your strength and endurance, placing this among the best UFC training exercises out there.
These are but a few of the best UFC training exercises you can do to get your body into perfect fighting shape. By doing these routines with little rest between each set, you will not only burn calories and sculpt your body, but you'll be greatly increasing your endurance, meaning that you will be able to hit harder and last longer once it comes time to fight.