If you’re looking for the 5 best Uma Thurman movies, you came to the right place. Thurman's acting career started in 1984. Her breakthrough role, however, didn’t happen until 1998, in the movie "Dangerous Liaisons."
- “The Truth About Dogs & Cats” (1996) One of the few comedic roles she’s been cast, this film deserves a mention as one of the best Uma Thurman movies. Thurman plays the role of the pretty girl that pretends to be someone else. Thurman’s character's best friend, Abby, is a successful veterinarian and radio host, but considers herself ugly. So when the man of her dreams asks her out, she sends Thurman in her place so the lover is not disappointed. Think Cyrano de Bergerac in a modern setting and written for women.
- “Pulp Fiction” (1994) While she’s not the central character in the film, this is certainly one of the best Uma Thurman movies. A movie that is all about witty dialogue and the world of violence, "Pulp Fiction" takes you through three different stories that connect through the character of Marcellus Wallace (played by Ving Rhames). Thurman plays the role of Mia Wallace, Marcellus’ wife.
- “Gattaca” (1997) In a future where only genetically-altered people have a chance at success, Vincent Freeman’s only shot at a life is to take over somebody else's identity. Thurman plays the role of Irene Casini, a co-worker and ally of Freeman's (Ethan Hawke) once his secret identity is almost blown. “Gattaca” is an amazing movie about the human condition and one of the best Uma Thurman movies to date.
- “Kill Bill” (2003) Quentin Tarantino’s epic about a woman who will do anything for revenge. Thurman’s character is simply known as “The Bride.” The Bride was the most efficient assassin in The Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, which worked under the direction of Bill. Four years before the start of the movie, The Bride decided to quit the squad, get married and have a normal life. Nothing works as planned, however, and on her wedding day, the pregnant Bride is attacked. As she awakens after a four-year coma, The Bride realizes her life (and the child she was carrying while she was attacked) are gone and she sets on a journey of revenge to kill everybody who destroyed her life.
- “The Life Before Her Eyes” (2007) This drama/thriller follows the life of Diana McFee, a survivor of a school massacre. Fifteen years after the events, McFee's life seems idyllic, but the memories of her last days with her friend Maureen (who died in the massacre) are looming over her. As the anniversary of the massacre approaches, McFee’s life starts to unravel and we soon learn that things as not as clear as they seem to be.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.