5 Best Utah Government Jobs
If you're wondering what career path to take and you're in Utah, you should consider one of these 5 best Utah government jobs. The benefits are wonderful, and the pay is great. There are many positions that offer more than the average nine to five work hours.
- Wildlife Biologist: Native Aquatics Project Leader Located in Vernal, Utah, this position qualifies as one of the best Utah government jobs because of its interesting subject matter. Part of the Department of Natural Resources' Division of Natural Resources, the native aquatics program is based in northeastern Utah and manages the fish and wildlife in that area. This position includes the design and development of studies, as well as the management of people conducting, collecting and analyzing the data for those studies. This is one of the best Utah government jobs, because is it so important to the ecology of the state, as well as being a rewarding and creative career.
- Engineering Manager: Structure Design Leader This job is located in Salt Lake City with the Department of Transportation and makes the list of best Utah government jobs because of the level of creativity it requires. A Structure Design Leader in this case will oversee the designs needed for various structures, as well as drawing up plans for designs themselves. This position includes managing consulting engineers, as well as reviewing progress on each task.
- Financial Manager Also located in Salt Lake City, this job is with the Division of Aging and Adult Services of the Department of Human Services. It makes the list of best Utah government jobs because of the level of responsibility that it entails. With a degree in accounting or finance, a person can be well on their way to managing budgets and using financial software. This position includes having a working knowledge of policies and procedures, as well as being responsible for finding, gathering and collecting data.
- IT Analyst This job makes the list of best Utah government jobs, because it allows for such a deep involvement in the computer sciences, and the pay isn't too bad either. The Department of Technology Services employs IT analysts to test software and provide technical assistance on varying computer issues, as well as analyze and summarize data from various sources. Writing and instating computer programs and systems is an essential part of this job.
- Database Administrator Requiring a computer science degree and some related experience, this job in Salt Lake City makes the list of best Utah government jobs because of the absence of heavy lifting or manual labor and high pay, a day of work includes managing servers, determining which software works the most efficiently and transporting data between servers and to and from other applications.