Planning the perfect the perfect party or date for Valentine's Day often includes choosing the 5 best Valentine's Day Cocktails to serve guests or that special someone. Consider sampling the red colored and chocolate flavored drinks below to enhance the romantic mood.
- Pomegranate Martini This stunning and delicious red version of the martini is the perfect choice for Valentine's Day cocktails. Hades lured Persephone into staying for eternity with him in the Underworld with the irresistible pomegranate, and so you shall lure drinkers to your festivities. Chill martini glasses and rim them with red sugar crystals, then combine equal parts citrus vodka and pomegranate juice. Stir gently, with or without a cocktail shaker, and garnish with a delicate twist of lemon or lime for a flash of color.
- Cosmopolitan No Valentine's Day cocktail list would be complete without this hallmark red drink. Patronage by the ladies of the "Sex and the City" TV series have made this drink legendary during happy hour, but the festive red color is perfect for V-day. Combine two parts Vodka with one part triple sec, one part cranberry juice, and one part lime juice. Shake with ice, strain, and garnish with a twist of orange or a single cherry.
- Cranberry Kiss This ruby red drink is gorgeous poured into a glass filled with ice cubes. Combine one part Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum with two parts collins mix and two parts cranberry juice. Garnish with a wedge of lemon or lime. Consider bartering one kiss for another!
- White Chocolate Martini Instead of bringing chocolates this Valentine's Day, try serving a chocolate adult beverage. This recipe calls for one part Ketel One Vodka, one part white crème de cacoa, and one part Godiva white chocolate liqueur. To prepare the martini glass, pour 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup into the bottom of the glass, then rim with cocoa power.
- Baileys Cherry Café This drink combines the smooth, rich flavor of Baileys with the red romance of cherries. Rim a martini glass with cinnamon and red sugar, and then drizzle a dash of maraschino cherry juice in a spiral. Combine one and a half parts Baileys Coffee Irish Cream with one part Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, shake with ice, strain, and pour.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…