5 Best Vintage Yamaha Motorcycles
Do you like old motorcycles and wonder what the 5 Best Vintage Yamaha Motorcycles are? Yamaha of course is one of the oldest motorcycle manufacturers and also one of the best known for their stability and the fact that they are built to last.
- YA-1. This was Yamaha’s very first motorcycle that was made in 1954 and became so popular the company began the Yamaha Motor Corp as a separate entity from its musical instruments. The YA-1 had 125cc engine and went through vigorous testing and began production in 1955.
- YC1. This was the second model that Yamaha designed in 1956 and it was revolutionary in that it had a 175cc engine and a single-cyclinder that was a two stroke. Yamaha was on a roll with their motorcycles and many more would continue to follow every year.
- YD1. Came out in 1957 and was a massive 250cc that was a two-stroke twin cylinder. Their line of motorcycles were growing and they had a huge following in Japan. They would soon branch into other parts of the world, making Yamaha a household name.
- CAT-21. This was developed in the early 1960’s and was again revolutionary because it was build with a new technology at the time known as fiberglass reinforced plastic. This made the bikes lighter so they could go faster. The CAT-21 was part of the company’s watercraft line.
- DT-1 Enduro. This model entered the market on 1968 and was Yamaha’s first off-road motorcycle or the beginning of trail bikes and dirt bikes. This was the bike that truly made a big splash in the United States and what caused the Yamaha bikes to flourish in the US.
Posted on: Jul. 27, 2010