Based on the opinions of nutritionists, we will discuss the five best vitamins to take to prevent the swine flu. In order to prevent the chances of contracting swine flu, it is best to increase the body's natural defenses and build up the body's natural immune system. Vitamins and supplements are a great way to give the body the nutrients and supplements it needs which, as a result, decreases the chance of contracting the swine flu. Each vitamin should be taken at quantities that satisfies the recommended daily intakes set by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Take Vitamin C. Vitamin C is considered one of the most common and also one of the best vitamins to take to prevent swine flu. Because it strengthens the immune system, it is recommended to take a vitamin C supplement for prevention of swine flu. Vitamin C occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables. But it is always best to take an additional amount in order to supplement your diet when you may not get enough.
- Take Zinc. Zinc is also known to strengthen the immune system of the body. Zinc is great against the swine flu and the common cold. Beans, seafood, nuts and dairy products are some foods that contain natural sources of zinc. The American diet usually will not provide enough zinc to fulfill the recommended daily allowance for a healthy individual. In these cases, it is definitely wise to take zinc vitamins to ensure you have enough daily to prevent the swine flu.
- Take Vitamin D. Vitamin D can be found in highest concentrations in egg yolks, fish, and milk and orange juice. Research suggests that vitamin D provides immune system boosting properties, as well as protection against hypertension, osteoporosis, and cancer. Naturally, vitamin D can also be obtained through exposure to the sun. During the winter months, reduced outdoor activity may mean a deficiency of enough vitamin D to prevent the swine flu. In these cases, it is best to take vitamin D to ensure you obtain as much as the body needs.
- Take Vitamin E. Vitamin E is found naturally in nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. Vitamin E is known to foster an environment in the body that allows the body to naturally destroy flu and cold cells. This means vitamin E is valuable as a natural defense against swine flu.
- Take a daily multivitamin. If you cannot take the necessary vitamins individually to reach your recommended daily allowance of nutrients to prevent the swine flu, then taking a multivitamin instead can be useful. It is recommended to find a good one a day multivitamin according to your diet and needs. In some cases, it is a good idea to use a multivitamin as a supplement to other vitamins you may be taking. Make sure to follow the recommended limits to stay healthy.
"Vitamin D" http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind.asp
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?