If you want to be a good bartender, learn these 5 vodka based cocktails. Vodka originated in Eastern Europe and it is made from rye and wheat grains, potatoes and occasionally the molasses of beets. Traditionally it is served straight and paired with smoked salmon or caviar. Today, Americans have come up with over one thousand different type of cocktails that are made with vodka. Here are simple cocktails to make drinks and they have all bold flavors that make the most exceptional vodka cocktails.
- 1, 2, 3, Floor Cocktail. This cocktail definitely holds up to it’s name and the ingredients speak for themselves. Combine 1 shot each of vodka, Malibu and After Shock (blue) in a shaker and mix well. Serve it a cocktail glass over ice. This is a great drink to wake you up and get you ready for a night out on the town.
- Smokey Martini. This is a great change from the traditional martini and it is as elegant looking at it is tasty. Blend three ounces of Grey Goose Vodka, one ounce of 18-year-old Glenlivet Scotch and one ounce of Nolly Pratt Dry Vermouth. Mix well in a shaker with ice and serve in a chilled cocktail glass. Garish with blue cheese stuffed olives and a slice of pepperoni.
- Purple Hooter. This drink is typically enjoyed as a shooter, but it can also be served as a cocktail over ice. Combine one-half ounce each of Vodka, Chambord and Sweet and Sour. Mix and strain into a shot glass for shooters or serve in a cocktail glass over ice. This is a refreshing drink that can be garnished with a lime slice for a tangy cocktail.
- Vodka Mimosa. There is nothing better after a hangover than a Vodka Mimosa with breakfast. This is a refreshing drink that will bring you out of the haze from the night before. Fill a chilled champagne glass with half vodka, one quarter orange juice and one-quarter champagne. Stir gently and serve with your favorite brunch.
- Lover’s Cocktail. Now this is one for the couples. Combine three ounces of vodka, two ounces of slow gin, ½ teaspoon of raspberry or Grenadine syrup and one teaspoon lemon juice. Add ingredients to a shaker filled with ice and mix until blended. Serve in two chilled cocktail glasses and garnish with mint.
These are the best five vodka based cocktails for versatility and unique flavors. Vodka is a great addition to many cocktails and it is available all over the world. When it comes to entertaining and adding flavor to cocktails, make sure vodka is stocked in your bar. The possibilities are endless and you and your friends may discover a new twist on an old drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.