5 Best Vodka Cocktails
With such a huge variety of vodka cocktails in existence, and more being created every day, it's almost impossible to pick the five best vodka cocktails. Ultimately, it comes down to individual taste, but these five drinks have stood the test of time.
- Vodka martini. This vodka cocktail is elegant and timeless. Simply mix two parts vodka and one part vermouth in a cocktail shaker halfway filled with ice, shake, strain into a martini glass, garnish with an olive or lemon twist, and serve.
- Vodka tonic. Fizzy and refreshing, this vodka cocktail is always a crowd pleaser. Mix one part vodka to two parts tonic over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Screwdriver. If you're craving some vitamins with your vodka, a screwdriver is the perfect vodka cocktail for you. Pour one part vodka to four parts orange juice over ice in a lowball glass. Garnish with orange peel.
- Cosmopolitan. Made famous by "Sex in the City," this vodka cocktail is incredibly popular among women. Combine two parts vodka, one part triple sec, one part cranberry juice and one part lime juice in a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Shake, strain into a martini glass, and garnish with a lime wheel.
- Bloody Mary. If you enjoyed a few too many of the above vodka cocktails last night, you may be needing a Bloody Mary this morning. Put one part vodka, three parts tomato juice, two dashes of red hot sauce, two of green hot sauce, one of Worcester sauce, lemon juice to taste and a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing glass. Mix the combination by pouring it back and forth between two mixing glasses. Serve over ice in a highball glass and garnish with a celery stalk.