The five best “Watchmen” movie quotes feature some of the most iconic lines from the 2009 film. Based on the award winning graphic novel about an alternate history in which costumed vigilantes come out of retirement to investigate a conspiracy against them, “Watchmen” featured a stunning visual style and lots of memorable movie quotes.
- “None of you seem to understand. I’m not locked in here with you, you’re locked in here with me!” – Walter Kovacs/Rorschach. The “Batman” inspired vigilante known as Rorschach investigates the murder of a fellow hero, The Comedian, only to find himself set up for murder and imprisoned with the very criminals he helped put behind bars. After being attacked by an inmate in the prison cafeteria, Rorschach delivers a debilitating attack of his own by casting a pan of hot oil on the man’s face and yelling one of the five best “Watchmen” movie quotes in the entire film.
- “Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.” – Edward Blake/The Comedian. A grizzled, murderous anti-hero with a twisted sense of humor, The Comedian uttered a number of one liners that seemed to capture the true sense of the chaotic fictional history in which the movie takes place. One of the five best “Watchmen” movie quotes comes when he finally reveals the meaning behind his name, while also commenting on an alternate 1985 in which Richard Nixon is still president and a Cold War era United States fears a nuclear war with Russia.
- “The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’ And I'll whisper ‘No.’” – Walter Kovacs/Rorschach. Another of the five best “Watchmen” movie quotes from the brooding, vigilante detective Rorschach. This line captures the hero’s black and white world in which there is no room for compromise and those who do wrong must be left to fend for themselves, no matter how much they may need the help of heroes.
- “You haven't idealized mankind, you've…you've deformed it! You mutilated it. That's your legacy. That's the real practical joke.” – Dan Dreiberg/Nite Owl.The owl themed hero modeled after DC Comics character Blue Beetle, Nite Owl seemed to be the only level headed hero in the panicked, dystopian world in which “Watchmen” takes place. Nite Owl delivers one of the five best “Watchmen” movie quotes after uncovering the master plan of fellow hero Ozymandias at the film’s climax, in which the misguided hero reveals himself as the murderer of The Comedian.
- “Why would I save a world I no longer have any stake in?” – John Osterman/Dr. Manhattan. The only hero in the fictional world of “Watchmen” to have actual superpowers, Dr. Manhattan was modeled after DC Comics character Captain Atom. Imbued with God-like powers after a lab accident, Dr. Manhattan becomes immortal and gains absolute power over matter, as well as the ability to travel through time and space at will. When confronted with the choice to save the world from eminent nuclear destruction by fellow hero Silk Spectre, Dr. Manhattan delivers one of the five best “Watchmen” movie quotes in the entire film, a philosophical statement reflecting a world that, by the end of the movie, has come to hate and fear him.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.