Here are the 5 best watermelon cocktails out there. Watermelon is a relatively new ingredient in cocktails that has only recently become popular. It is by far one of the best fruits to mix with alcohol. Naturally sweet and succulent; it mixes well. It’s a must-have drink in the summer, but you can have it in the winter too!
- 4th of July Watermelon Cocktail. Made with seven and a half pounds of watermelon, four teaspoons of sugar, eight ounces of silver tequila, twelve basil leaves, twelve mint leaves, one ounce of Cointreau, and six cups of ice. It might sound a bit excessive, but this must-have summer cocktail is worth the trouble. Though recipes vary and you can be very flexible with the ingredients
- Watermelon Martini. It has to be mentioned, as martinis seem to be the single most versatile cocktail in existence. This cocktail is made with one cup of watermelon juice, half a cup of vodka, a fourth a cup of simple syrup or lime juice, and salt or sugar to use on the glass and watermelon slices for garnish.
- Watermelon Hornijo. Made with two ounces of Hornitos Reposado, two teaspoons of sugar, six to eight mint leaves, club soda, one lime, and four ounces of fresh watermelon. This is a new take on the classic Mojito and definitely worth a try, even if you’re a die-hard fan of the original.
- Watermelon-Soju. Six cups of watermelon, eight ounces of soju, two ounces of ginger liqueur, two ounces of simple syrup, and one ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice. Though you might not have heard of soju, it’s a distilled liqueur usually found in Asian markets and it’s usually made from grain or sweet potato. This is a relatively new drink but one to try.
- Watermelon Gin Fizz. Made with two cups of watermelon juice, ten mint leaves, one cup simple syrup, lemon or lime juice, one and a half cups of Bombay Sapphire (or Tanqueray) gin, club soda, and mint sprigs for garnish. It might be pink, but guys can like them too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.