5 Best Ways To Cure Acne
If you have pimples, you can change the appearance of your skin with these 5 best ways to cure acne. These treatments are effective and they will make your skin look healthy and attractive. Unhealthy diets, vitamin deficiencies, a family history of this condition, stress, and certain medications can cause acne.
- Prescription Medication: Taking prescription medication is one of the best ways to cure acne. Typically, dermatologists prescribe oral antibiotics, retinoids, or topical antibiotics to their patients. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases and the National Institutes of Health, researchers are continuing to work on developing new drugs to treat acne.
- Healthy Diet: The best ways to cure acne also includes eating a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. You can fight acne and blemishes by eating fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, grilled chicken, turkey, and fish. Stay away from junk food and foods that contain a lot of sugar.
- Vitamins:Taking vitamins is one of the best ways to cure acne. Vitamin A makes the skin stronger and deficiencies in this vitamin can cause breakouts. Vitamin E is good for the skin and it speeds up the healing process. Vitamin C is effective for treating pimples and inflammation and it boosts the immune system. Multivitamins are also rich in antioxidants and they will improve the health of your skin. Although taking vitamins is one of the best ways to cure acne, you should avoid taking more than the recommended doses.
- Over-The-Counter Medication: Taking over-the-counter medication is one of the best ways to cure acne. Many OTC acne treatments contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide destroys bacteria inside the pores. Salicylic acid has antibacterial and exfoliating properties and it works well for curing acne.
- Acne Treatment Procedures: The best ways to cure acne also includes visiting a dermatologist or specialist for acne treatment procedures like comedone extraction, interlesional corticosteroid injections, and chemical peels. Comedone extraction involves using a special tool to clean out the pores. Interlesional corticosteroid injections are used to reduce inflammation. Chemical peels are used to treat mild blemishes and blackheads. Laser therapy is also an effective treatment for pimples. You will get better results with laser therapy treatments if you take acne medication.