5 Best Ways To Eat Avocado
Knowing the best ways to eat avocado can help you add some healthy food to your diet. Avocado is a really healthy fruit high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and several vitamins. They also contain more potassium per ounce than bananas! Dig in and enjoy with these five ways to eat an avocado.
- With lime Avocados have a lovely mild flavor and a smooth, buttery texture that goes perfect with the sweet tartness of lime. Peel an avocado and slice it into wedges, lengthwise. Arrange them in a plate, add a little salt and pepper and sprinkle with lime juice. It's a wonderful summer side dish.
- Stuffed An avocado's natural bowl shape makes it perfect for stuffing. Slice an avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Place each half on a bed of lettuce and fill the hole where the pit was with the salad of your choice.
- Vegetarian salad Make a salad out of steamed carrots, green beans, peas and beets mixed with a bit of your favorite dressing and use it to stuff the avocado as mentioned above. Sprinkle with a bit of curry powder.
- Guacamole What list of avocado treats would be complete without guacamole? Peel and pit the avocado, and cut it into cubes. Finely dice a tomato, a small onion and a jalapeno--don't forget to remove the seeds! Add a squeeze of lime juice, a bit of salt and pepper, and mash it all together with a fork.
- Avocado melts This is a perfect brunch food for a lazy Sunday morning. Split an English muffin and lay the two halves on a cookie sheet. Cover with slices of avocado, a slice of tomato, a sprinkle of cilantro and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.