Knowing the best ways to eat avocado can help you add some healthy food to your diet. Avocado is a really healthy fruit high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and several vitamins. They also contain more potassium per ounce than bananas! Dig in and enjoy with these five ways to eat an avocado.
- With lime Avocados have a lovely mild flavor and a smooth, buttery texture that goes perfect with the sweet tartness of lime. Peel an avocado and slice it into wedges, lengthwise. Arrange them in a plate, add a little salt and pepper and sprinkle with lime juice. It's a wonderful summer side dish.
- Stuffed An avocado's natural bowl shape makes it perfect for stuffing. Slice an avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Place each half on a bed of lettuce and fill the hole where the pit was with the salad of your choice.
- Vegetarian salad Make a salad out of steamed carrots, green beans, peas and beets mixed with a bit of your favorite dressing and use it to stuff the avocado as mentioned above. Sprinkle with a bit of curry powder.
- Guacamole What list of avocado treats would be complete without guacamole? Peel and pit the avocado, and cut it into cubes. Finely dice a tomato, a small onion and a jalapeno–don't forget to remove the seeds! Add a squeeze of lime juice, a bit of salt and pepper, and mash it all together with a fork.
- Avocado melts This is a perfect brunch food for a lazy Sunday morning. Split an English muffin and lay the two halves on a cookie sheet. Cover with slices of avocado, a slice of tomato, a sprinkle of cilantro and a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.