In a hectic world where everything needs to be done yesterday and quality relaxation time is a premium, knowing the 5 best ways to reduce stress is an invaluable tool in maintaining peace of mind. Work, family, commute, just about everything in life has the potential to cause excess tension and stress. If left unchecked, these stressors can easily get out of hand and leave you with a sense of being overwhelmed and may eventually cause health problems such as high blood pressure and even heart problems. By learning ways to reduce stress, you gain the skills to better cope with the things that cause you anxiety even if you are unable to avoid them. The 5 best ways to reduce stress are simple, won't cost you a thing and are as natural as breathing.
- Exercise. A great way to reduce stress is through physical activity. Taking at least twenty minutes to engage in some form of physical activity will relax your muscles, increase the amount of oxygen to your brain and relieve any buildup of tension. One workout session will trigger the release of endorphins and can result in 90 to 120 minutes of relaxation response.
- Breathe. Breathing is one of the best ways to reduce stress by increasing the amount of oxygen to the brain. By gaining control of how you breathe you can calm the autonomic nervous system, reduce cortisol levels, lower blood pressure, slow down your hear rate and relax your muscles.
- Laugh. Laughter is another way to reduce stress. Have you ever noticed how good you feel after a hearty laugh? Watch a comedy, our spend your time in the presence of someone who can make you laugh and you could enjoy up to 45 minutes of relaxed muscles. Like exercise, laughter triggers the release of endorphins which promote a sense of well being.
- Sex. Another great tension buster is sex. Make love to your girlfriend or masturbate to release physical tension and reduce stress. An orgasm won't just take your mind off of the things that are stressing you, but also releases chemicals that make us feel good and increases positive feelings.
- Do something for yourself. Schedule a little time for yourself every week and do something that you enjoy. Watch a football game, play a video game or take a trip, just make sure it's something that makes you happy and takes your mind off of the things that are causing you stress.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …