If you're planning on taking a weekend vacation to the great peach state, you should know about the 5 best weekend getaways in Georgia. Not only is Georgia a great place to unwind to take in some of that southern charm, but also a good place to observe some southern history. You’ll be in for a treat because these getaways offer great experiences for a one on one with your significant other, a family affair or anything in between. Whether looking for adventure, fun, or romance, I'm sure one of these weekend getaways in Georgia will peak your interest.
- Chateau Elan– Located in Braselton, Georgia, the Chateua Elan is definitely one of Georgia's best weekend getaways. The Chateau offers an escape, euphoria, epicurean or energize package to fit the unique needs and interests of its guests. Business partners can take their minds off of that quarterly meeting with a round of golf, couples can enjoy a romantic evening of fine dining in the Inn's restaurant or friends can enjoy a relaxing afternoon together at the spa. No matter which package you choose, the Chateau Elan experience in North Atlanta will have you wanting to stay for more than just a weekend getaway!
- Historic Banning Mills– This country inn and retreat center in the woodlands of Whitesburg, Georgia has a little something for everyone. For those seeking a thrill, this adventurous getaway offers hiking, kayaking and zip lining, oh my! Besides these daring outdoor events, Banning Mills also offers more calming activities for those looking to just be pampered at the spa, relax at the cozy bed and breakfast, dine with loved ones or just take in the beauty of Georgia’s nature. The RV center will prove to be a great place for campers to enjoy the great outdoors while the conservation center offers a more educational learning opportunity for others seeking such information.
- Ocean Plaza Beach Resort– Located near Georgia’s coast on Tybee Island, Ocean Plaza Beach Resort would make a wonderful weekend getaway. This vacation haven offers you the opportunity to wake up to seaside sunsets, take calming walks along the white sandy beaches and take refreshing dips in the nearby ocean. An Island resort getaway that will surely keep you fulfilled with its accommodations and amenities, just don’t forget to take time to enjoy the other activities of Tybee Island. Besides the surfing, fishing, dolphin tours and so much more; there are picture perfect views to be seen. One of the 5 best weekend getaways in Georgia because you can take in the southern hospitality with a tropical twist!
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel- At the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, you’ll be able to experience a Victorian sanctuary surrounded with precious history. This coastal hideaway located on Jekyll Island, is an actual National Historical Landmark. Besides the usual resort activities, you can also enjoy being beach side while horseback riding, carriage riding, playing croquet, taking in the historical sites, going on dolphin cruises or just relaxing in the exquisite guest rooms. You have the option of choosing from a variety of accommodation packages to meet your vacation desires and array of activities offered to compliment that experience. You’ll have more than enough to keep you engrossed in this Georgia weekend getaway.
- Serenity Cove- Providing you with exactly what the name describes, Serenity Cove is the quiet weekend getaway you have been longing for. Situated in Hiawassee, Georgia around the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and Lake Chatuge, the scene is picture perfect. With the outdoors surrounding every view, where better to stay than in a deluxe cabin! This peaceful, lakefront retreat is tucked nicely away into the mountainside, but still relatively close to shopping and nearby activities. Activities for guests include hiking, fishing, canoeing, visiting the waterfalls, and other adventurous or relaxing events of choice. You will leave this weekend getaway in a more serene state of mind!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.